Hoka hey there!
Since my mushroom lights are getting more famous than ever expected, I will write something about them here. First of all: No I will not write a manual or how-to. A good chef would never give his best recipe away, you know. But yes, the mushroom hats are made of polymer clay. Actually it isn't a big thing to make mushroom lights by yourself, but I spent lots of effort to practice and plan such lights - so sorry, no tutorial at this point.
But everyone should get a chance to own a mushroom light, which is why I do commissions. You can say how many mushrooms you want, but ten mushrooms are the limit! Normally lights with only one or three mushrooms are optimal, because of the power source necessary. Five lights are possible, too but require a power outlet to work with.
The color of the mushrooms is variable. I can do allmost all colors you like, but not every color glows pretty. For example: Orange and blue glows very bright. Violet ones are pretty nice, too. Moss green mushrooms looks very handsome, but glow more yellowish than green.
I'm looking for and selecting every driftwood on my own and its always mother nature who shapes them and makes them available to me. So please understand that I will not accept any wishes about the driftwood itself.
The price depends on how much work I'd have with crafting. Bigger driftwood is often more complicated to drill than smaller. Not every color of the mushroom hats is easy to mix. And of course there is always the time to look for "usable" and good-looking wood in the first place.
- A single mushroom light (I call them often "solitaire light") are about CH Fr 30.- and comes with a power source (AA Batteries).
- A light with three mushrooms ranges between CH Fr 70.- and CH Fr 90.- and comes without batteries. You will need a 4.5V battery block.
- A "Five-lighter" with five mushrooms will cost about CH Fr 200.- and will come with a transformer. But pay attention: The transformer is has a swiss plug for 240V! Of course you can work with two 4.5V batteries as well, but it doesn't lower the price.
- Each extra mushroom (up from five) will cost CH Fr 30.- extra!
- Shipping costs are not included.
- I only accept either Paypal or bank money order.
Also, since this is a hobby I only accept one comission at a time. First come, first serve.
Sometimes I build mushroom lights just for fun and often put them on sale. Look, these two are available right now:
They cost CH Fr 30.- each.
I hope this information helps and I would be glad to send or craft some mushroom lights to you